Gold as jewellery is not only stunning but additionally works as a way of linking financial emergencies. This has actually been away for family members around the globe to have a bank independent savings account. As we understand jewellery is not pure gold and has a substantial spread in the buy to offer price.
There are different methods to invest in precious metals like gold and silver. In this article, we will cover the cons and pros of a few of the most popular.
Jewellery has been a way of people to save bank and state independently for thousands of years. It’s a way for people to literally wear their wealth and then if a financial emergency was to happen they could sell the jewellery back for cash very quickly.
- Different designs go in and out of style changing price
- Gold purity is harder to check
- Massive spreads! The sell price is usually a lot less than the buy price due to superstition on rings as well as scratches and marks.
- Theft is very common
- Opens you up to a lot of personal danger as people know what you have.
- Looks beautiful
- Can sometimes pick up a good deal
Gold and Silver Coins (Numismatic)
Gold and silver coins can be bought at gold merchants, mints, non-bank collectable money shops and websites. If you decide to invest in gold and silver like this then you have a steep learning curve ahead and should know what you are doing. There are a lot of scammers in the Numismatic collectable coin space so be careful and learn first what to look out for.
- Easily buy overpriced junk
- Steep learning curve
- fake coins
- non-standard pricing
- Opens you up to theft
- Hard if not impossible to insure
- You could find good deals if you know more than the seller
- some coins go up in value more than the metal value
- It’s your passion and you love the history
Gold Savings Program
Gold savings programs are a great way to save bank independently but you should choose a savings plan that deals in allocated and insured gold and silver bullion. A savings plan normally is set up by enabling a company like Bar9 to automatically debit your bank account every month and buy Precious metals like gold and silver with that money. Bar9 will be offering this in the next few months using a credit card, PayPal and bank account.
- Easily cost average invest
- Fully insured and audited when you use Bar9
- no need to think about it “set and forget”
- Bank independent savings solution
- A private way to protect wealth from others
- If using Bar9 it’s easy to trade back to fiat
Exchange-traded gold funds (ETF).
An alternate means to own gold is to buy “paper gold” This just buying a contract on the price of gold. ETF’s say that you can request physical delivery but they have been known to refuse because the gold is not owned by you but the ETF. There is a famous case from a few 2016 where Deutsche bank was unable to deliver on a clients request for physical delivery of their gold Etf position. This caused shockwaves through the ETF investment circles as gold bugs worldwide screamed: “we told you so”. What they meant was that gold bugs have forever been saying DO NOT trust gold ETF if you are buying gold for its bank independent security because you are not buying real gold but paper.
- You are not buying gold that you own but is owned by a bank
- You are not bank independent
- No transparency, most likely in fractional reserve
- Physical delivery is unlikely
- Trackable and confiscatable
- Easy to trade
- Small spreads
Full allocated investment-grade bullion
This is what we at Bar9 specialise in and we feel is the best option for most people. Allocated gold means that you buy a bar of gold that is allocated in your name as your legal property. This is off the company books and means that if anything was to happen to Bar9 as a company, liquidators could not touch your gold as it is nothing to do with the company. It will continue to sit in the Top-tier vaulting facility waiting for you to sell it.
- Fully insured and audited so you know your gold is safe
- Your private property
- On bar9 your gold is Secured in a tax-free zone in Switzerland
- Very liquid so if you need cash you can sell it in seconds and have cashback in your bank account within 24 hours or less
- Protection against inflation, bank collapses and global financial crises.
- Easy to take physical delivery if you wish to hold it at home
In conclusion, the easiest and fasted way for anyone to buy gold is to buy allocated gold that is secured and insured for you in a top tier vaulting facility. Many people say that they only like to have gold stored at home but this has a very high chance of being stolen and it can put your family at risk. In fact, the chances of theft when securing gold at home is so high that most insurance companies will simply not insure it or will charge you so much money to do so that most people don’t insure. Gold secured by Bar9 is so cheap to insure because we use the best top-tier vaulting facilities in the world, located in Switzerland a country that has protected private property laws even through two world wars.